To keep your mind busy while you are home, this page offers you the chance to do some quizzes and puzzles, and some links to other brain-work! We hope you find something you enjoy. Get in touch via info@HorshamShipleyCommunityProject.org .
If you would like more of Russell's Gen Knowledge Quiz or Derek's "Maths Mash-ups" - just ask!
Stay busy at home...
There is always something to do in your garden! Here is the Gardeners' World link to keep you busy through the year. Click here
Gardening Keep Yourself Moving
Make some activity part of your daily routine - here is a link to the NHS free exercise ideas. Click here
Learn Something New
* From the Skills Toolkit, find online, free, government backed courses you can do. Find-A-Course
* Learn a language! www.duolingo.com/
* Open University Free Courses - there are lots to choose from: www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue
Jay's Virtual Pub Quiz
* Jay's became famous during lockdown for keeping the nation occupied with his virtual, online pub quizzes. He is still doing them and they are a lot of fun. www.youtube.com/channel/UCLcSqjJWHJeDWD_SbdorBRw
3. Word Challenge Answers - how many words can you make out of the word "RAINBOW"? Have a go! Here are the answers...Rainbow Word Answers
9. Play ScamMan & Robbin, a computer game that aims to educate consumers about pension scams in response to a spike in online fraud and pension scams. It was created by four of the UK’s leading digital pension platforms. It is basic, but fun and informative. www.scam-man.com/
10. Where's The Ball? - Missing football? Download the action shots, minus the ball... Where's the Ball . When you are sure where the ball should be, have a look at the answers here...Where's the Ball Answers
11. Sports Word Search - Can't play your favourite sport now but can you find it in a grid? Download the sheet and see how long it takes to find 20. Sports Wordsearch
15. ANSWERS - Cryptic Sweets Quiz - How well do you know the confectionery aisle?? Julie & Martin's cryptic sweets questions answers are here! Cryptic Sweets Answers
16. ANSWERS - Guess the Movie - We have agonised for long enough! How did you get on? Did you get the ones we couldn't? Download the answers (at least, most of them) here...Films Answers
17. Guess The Proverbs & Sayings from their first letters. Answers end April! Click the blue link...Well Known Proverbs & Sayings.
18. Test your English Pronunciation? Can you read this out loud ? (Probably written by a Dutchman!). Click the blue link to have a go...English is Tough Stuff.
19. Brain Training Memory Game! Follow the link to test your observational and memory skills. Careful, it is quite addictive! www.helpfulgames.com/subjects/brain-training/memory.html
How You Could Support Us
There are THREE really easy ways to support us at the Horsham & Shipley Community Project.
For those who buy anything online - presents, holidays, groceries - anything, please sign up to GIVE AS YOU LIVE. A tiny % of each transaction comes to us, donated by the retailer. It costs you NOTHING, but is worthwhile for us. Click here for info https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/charity/hscp
A second possibility is to buy a weekly lottery ticket from the HORSHAM DISTRICT COMMUNITY LOTTERY - a ticket costs £1 per week. 50p comes to us, 10p to HDC good causes, and 40p in admin. You have the change of winning prizes from £25 to £25,000! www.horshamdistrictcommunitylottery.co.uk
If you use Amazon to buy online, please use Amazon's own charity contribution scheme, AMAZON SMILE . Like Give As You Live, Amazon will donate a tiny amount to your chosen charity. please sign up, choose Horsham & Shipley Community Project and make sure that you buy through Amazon Smile rather than just Amazon. it makes no difference to you at all, but the tiny amounts into HSCP can really build up. www.Smile.Amazon.com