The Green Project – get involved!
The Green Project encompasses anything which contributes towards making the site as environmentally sustainable as possible.
We have a lot to do! Our ideas cover
- Planting – making sure we are keeping the site as green as possible
- Water management – can we take the water away from the pitches, where we don’t want it in Winter and divert it to areas we do?
- Nature conservation – looking after the birds and wildlife who share the site with us – hedgehog homes, nesting boxes, insect-friendly plants
- General gardening – maintaining the rockery area, keeping the weeds down and looking after the varied beds we are creating
- Composting the garden waste as far as we can
- Recycling – we need to set up a recycling system
- Ditch clearing – keeping the ditches clear of waste
- Water conservation – we need water butts around the site in strategic places
- Path clearing – keeping the site accessible for all
There is so much to do and everyone is welcome to give us ideas, advice or some help! Get involved!
For further information, please contact: info@